2 weeks ago
Monday, May 27, 2013
More handy-dandy tips!
1) I'm posting this first tip in honor of those in our family that are sporting springtime colds right now - Got a runny nose? Be sure to attach an empty Kleenex box to the one you are using so you have a place to stuff those used Kleenexes.
2) Have old Altoids tins on hand? Label them and put small things that are difficult to contain in them, such as: paper clips, staples, thumb tacks, rubber bands...well, you get the idea. You could also use them to make a small first aid kit for your purse or car. What mom (dad, aunt, grandma, etc) doesn't need a way to carry band-aids for the little ones? (or for yourself!)
3) Cleaning your vacuum roller. Now, that is not a fun task! However, if you use a seam ripper to break all those hair or threads (where do those come from?) that get picked up when you vacuum, it's so much easier to clean!
4) Peppers with three bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with four bumps are better for cooking.
5) Flexible vacuum. If you need to get into a hard to reach area with your vacuum cleaner and the attachments just won't do, attach an empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum hose. It can be bent or flattened to get into those tight areas, like under the fridge!
There you have it. Those are my five tips for this week. :)