Monday, June 11, 2012

It's mid-June! Really?

Wow. The time has flown by this year. I wish I could make the word "flown" show at lightning speed because that is just how it feels! I actually took the time the other day to download the pictures from our camera onto the computer. Seriously, the year has flown by - did you just catch that word flown speeding by, like Superman? Well, it did. You must have blinked and missed it! Since I have been so horrible at keeping up with this blog (I have another...gratefulsandy.blogspot.com, it keeps me busy, sort of) I am updating all the happenings that matter in our lives today. Here goes...

Grandma or "Nana" 
as I am now affectionately known as
by these boys, got some cuddles in!
Jack and Nana
James, Gavin and Nana
Easter Egg Hunt! So fun!
 Gavin was a bit grumpy so we got the grumpy out of him
by jumping on the bed!
 James as "Indy Jones"
 Gav contemplating what to do next!
We had a great time in March when they visited.
We didn't do much, except stay home
and go to Becky's wedding/reception. 
I am so grateful they came. :)

On to the next adventure! 
On Mother's Day weekend
we joined the throngs at Yosemite.

We LOVE taking the bus around the park,
when we were first there, the buses were fairly empty.
By the time we left, they were more than full.
 Happy Isles - one of my happiest places on earth.
 I think Pat thought this was interesting,
since it was a warm day,
and the snow is pretty much gone.
 Yosemite, as always was beautiful. It was nice to have that day together.

At the end of May I went to Utah
to visit with Craig, Angie, Lucas and Darci.
I didn't get a lot of pictures sine the kids were both sick. 
Poor Lucas, he was such a champ!
Every time we went out he ended up being exhausted.

Craig and I took him to the mall
in hopes of him riding the carousel, but it was closed.
Then we saw the train, but it was shut down for lunch.
So, we settled for little rides for Lucas
and pics by the train.
Here are Craig and Lucas.
 Lucas on one of the cars.
What a trooper.
Even though the kids and Angie ended up being sick
while I was there I enjoyed my visit with them.
It gave me a chance to get to know my grandkids better
and to appreciate, even more, their sweet personalities.

So, my next post I will do in a few days,
since it is our trip to Buffalo.
There is a bunch to post about that...
Niagara Falls, Palmyra, and family.
I know, you all can't wait, I promise I will get to it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment