Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dryer sheets


This morning on Facebook someone posted about how you can use dryer sheets for cleaning. Inside part of me said, "Right!" Another part of me thought, "hey, it's worth a try!"

On my things to do list today I had to clean out the fridge. By that I mean CLEAN out the fridge! I took everything out, washed all the shelves down with soapy water, and then reorganized everything when I put it back in.

On my to do list tomorrow I had to clean my stove top. I opted to take care of that today. I don't know about anyone else, but we have a gas burning stove with a ceramic top. Let me tell you, it is tough to get clean! And I am a clean person! I don't like messes, in the least. So, it bugs me to have things dirty.

While cleaning the stove this morning I figured I would try a couple of different cleaners that I have on hand and figure out what does the best job. I had a Mister Clean magic eraser, a fabric softener sheet, a cleaner that I can't remember the name of, and a stove top cleaner. I found that the fabric softener sheet did work - not on the really hard to clean areas, but on the things that I generally use a magic eraser for...only in tight crevices where it can't reach. The one cleaner that I cannot remember it's name, didn't do much of anything. But the stove top cleaner worked great! The magic eraser did a good job also, but not as well.

I also cleaned my microwave interior while I was at it. Again, it was clean, but there were certain spots that just would not come off. I found that the fabric softener worked well on that. Surprise!

There you have it... my little cleaning tip for the day. We'll see what I post on here from now on, but today, this won. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment