Saturday, March 17, 2012

One Lucky Girl!

The title of my blog and my post is 'One Lucky Girl'...the picture above is the reason for that. I truly am one lucky girl to be married to my amazing husband, Pat, for 34 years today. Yes, we were married on St. Patrick's Day - not because we planned it that way! Believe me, when we were sitting in my little bug, Gladys, just after he proposed and I pulled out my little Hallmark calendar (he wanted to know when immediately!), we decided on a Friday in March (it was Dec.1st).

My mom called a little bit ago to wish us a Happy Anniversary. During the course of the conversation she asked how many years it's been, and as I told her it was 34 she was astounded. She said it was wonderful that we've been married that long, I shared how lucky and blessed I felt. Then we talked about how having the gospel in our lives has made all the difference...and it has. 34 years ago on Dec.1st found us both fasting and praying to know whether our decision to marry was the right one. During these 34 years the Spirit has been part of our everyday lives.

We are both part Irish, which of course automatically makes us both lucky ;)...but honestly and truly, our 'luck' is based upon having the gospel in our lives, and choosing to marry the right person in the right place. I feel overwhelmed with blessings and am, oh, so very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment